Data Center

DATE : 17-08-22 06:08
Breathing for weight training
 WRITER : usmai
HIT : 82  
Breathing for weight training
Lee Kyoo Haeng (Joong Ang Il Bo)

Q: It is said that you'd better eat raw grains and vegetables in order for Danjeong Breathing to be effective. Is this true? And I sometimes breathe by Danjeon breathing and sometimes I don't during weight training. I think it's hard for me to follow. How many hours a day does an average person, like me, have to practice to get some effect?

A: First, you don't necessarily have to eat raw grains and vegetables for Danjeon Breathing. Some people need it depending on their constitution and health condition.

Even in this case, you need to get some advice from an expert, for a sudden change of your eating style can cause side effects. Remember, what you eat doesn't make you a master. Many trainees are tempted to take some medicine or specific diet to speed up their training, so be careful.

To get significant effect from Danjeon Breathing, you should practice it persistently. Intermittent training is never desirable. It is important to practice regularly every day.

It's very good to take Danjeon Breathing during weight training. I believe that your weight training will turn out better if the center of your body falls on your Danjeon. Any sports need a proper way of breathing. But breathing methods can not be the same for all kinds of sports, and they should not.

Marathon, for example, is the sport that needs persistent stamina, and its breathing method can't be the same as that for 100-meter sprint. This is the case for weight training. For the weight training you should breathe differently from general Danjeon Breathing.

It's not only because you should consider your weight but because you should breathe so that you can maximize muscles' contraction and consequent explosive power. The essence at this moment is Jishik(止息), that is cutting breath. Of course, this kind of breathing can be achieved only after the basics of Danjeon are mastered.